Why Shaar Shalom Members Chose Beth David
Beth David Continues to Welcome Shaar Shalom
If you haven’t quite decided on a new shul, please consider the reasons why many former Shaar Shalom members have made Beth David B’nai Israel Beth Am Synagogue their new spiritual home:
- An Egalitarian Conservative community where members of all ages “Participate, Learn and Grow”
- Led by an exceptional Clergy team: Rabbi Philip Scheim, Cantor Marshall Loomer and Ritual Director Michael Rubin
- Located at Bathurst & Sheppard (plus auxiliary High Holy Day services in Richmond Hill); with 850 members, we’re not too big but not too small!
- Traditional service structure with 3 daily minyanim; women take part in virtually all aspects of prayer
- Extensive programs and activities for all ages, including dozens of adult education programs, Shabbat morning youth and teen programs, family events celebrating all the chaggim, and casual community Shabbat dinners, to name a few
- Lots of groups: Yedidim, Kadima and USY, Young Professionals, Brotherhood, Sisterhood and Club Chaverut (for seniors)
- Honoured to be the new home of “Shaar Shalom Singles at Beth David”
- Lots of wonderful volunteers and plenty of volunteer opportunities
- Proudly affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism
- Special 3-year introductory rates for Shaar Shalom Members starting this year at $180 (single) and $360 (family)
Please visit www.bethdavid.com/shaar-shalom for more information. We invite you to contact our Executive Director Anita Bloom at 416 633-5500 to discuss joining Beth David.
PS: mark your calendar for Shabbat Unplugged on Saturday, January 28th from 2 pm to 6 pm!